Re: Switching to a single file system for D-I translations

On Τρι 24 Αυγ 2004 08:52, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Hello guys and girls (though they're probably not enough girls in
> you list for making Kostas happy),

You obviously have misunderstood me... I'm pretty content with one or
two... :-)

> Agreed with Kostas, I started to work on switching the Greek
> translations of Debian Installer 1st stage to the "single file"
> system I've already described.
>
> basically, this resumes to
>
> -you only translate one file : packages/po/el.po in the SVN
> repository -you don't care anymore with individual D-I packages PO
> files -all the magic of putting the translation you make in the
> single file to individual packages is now handled by a script
> running on my machine. Same for updating the single file with
> maintainers changes to packages

Ok, looks plain enough.

> The switch was made yesterday but my script still has one minor
> glitch
>
> : it uts my name as Last-Translator to the single file...and
> : therefore
>
> to all files...:-)

This is no glitch, it's a bug :-P

> So, now, I'm currently the only Greek translator....this was my
> revenge after your volleyball team defeated my friends from the
> French team and eliminated them from the Olympics...:-)

Well, I could send you some ouzo for compasion but the French seem to
be doing quite well at the Olympics anyway :

http://www.athens2004.com/en/OlympicMedals/medals

> More seriously, I planned to fix this this morning, but the SVN
> repository is currently broken so we have to wait a bit. Of course
> this does not really harm except that I get credit for work I
> didn't make....:-(

Seriously, thanks for your splendid work, I imagine translators would
have a very difficult job if it had not been for you!

See you in Oldenburg (maybe :-)

Konstantinos