Re: util-linux 2.25.2-3: Please update the PO translation for the package util-linux

Hi David,

Am 22.11.2014 um 22:01 schrieb David Prévot:
> Hi Mario,
>
> Thanks for your quick reply,
>
> Le 22/11/2014 15:41, Mario Blättermann a écrit :
>> Am 22.11.2014 um 20:21 schrieb David Prévot:
>
>>> You are noted as the last translator of the translation for util-linux.
>>> The English template has been changed, and now some messages are marked
>>> "fuzzy" in your translation or are missing (there has been two minor
>>> changes since 2.25.1 available via the translation project). I would be
>>> grateful if you Please send the updated file […] to the translation
>>> project <http://translationproject.org/domain/util-linux.html>
>
>> Translations for util-linux are maintained at the TP
>
> I’m well aware of that.
>
>> and I can't see a v2.25.2 pre-release there.
>
> Yet upstream released v2.25.2 some time ago (on 2014-10-24).
>
>> Please send a new template to the TP coordinator,
>
> I’m not part of util-linux upstream, but do not hesitate do get in touch
> with them so they can do the right thing (I currently only have Internet
> access during a limited time of the day, that doesn’t help to do the right
> thing the right way in a timely manner).

Ah, I understand. I assumed you are an upstream developer...

> Please, get back to me if you have manage to update the German translation
> via the translation project before the proposed deadline (I already fetched
> your update from 2014-11-13, thanks for that).
>
>>> The deadline for receiving the updated translation is Tue, 02 Dec 2014
>>> 09:00:08 -0400.
>
> Since Debian Jessie will ship with util-linux 2.25.2, and will keep this
> version during all its lifetime (i.e., many years), I’m trying to update as
> many translations as possible there. If you also provide a translation for
> the only new string added since 2.25.1, that would also be nice.
>
> +#, c-format +msgid "%s: offset is greater than device size"

Actually I don't care about Debian, because I don't use it and I don't believe
in the need of distribution-specific translations. Anyway, find the updated
file attached. However, more than 150 translations are still missing, but at
least the string changed from v2.25.1 to v2.25.2 is translated again.

Moreover, it doesn't make sense to update a file at TP where is no template
for. You are member of the TP, you know that. Well, it would be possible to
send the updated de.po to the robot, but this would break the current file
there. I don't like such »crossover« translations, I rather like the TP system
which gently forces us to keep an eye on pre-released and string-frozen files
instead of bothering with VCS changes which could become outdated tomorrow or
next week.

Best Regards,
Mario