Re: [TAF] po://manpages-de/mandb.8

On 2010/8/25 Martin Eberhard Schauer wrote:
[...]
>> BTW I just noticed that your PO files contain lines like
>>   # type: Plain text
>> which means that you used po4a < 0.36 to convert manpages.  This has
>> been fixed in 0.36, PO files now contain
>>   #. type: Plain text
>> because these comments are automatically extracted.  This means that
>> if you merge a PO file with a POT file generated by po4a >= 0.36, your
>> PO file will contain both lines.
>>

> Thank you for pointing at this. But I'm afraid I didn't quite
> catch it. I downloaded the 0.40 deb, installed it in my lenny
> chroot and did a test with catman. The diff did not show
> the the new line.

Right, the generated manual pages should (hopefully) be identical, but
if you compare PO files, you will find few subtle differences.

> So the workaround is
>
> »sed -i 's/# type: P/#. type:P/g' <file>« for already converted
> files and for translations being worked on?

I meant something like:
  sed -i -e 's/^# type:/#. type:/' <PO and POT files>

Again, this is mostly cosmetics, you can for instance run this command
from time to time on your VCS repository to not interfere with
translations being currently worked on.

Denis