Re: [TAF] po://manpages-de/mandb.8

[I am not able to write Deutsch, entchuldigen Sie mich]
It is our job to understand written English.
On 2010/8/22 Martin Eberhard Schauer wrote:
PO4A-HEADER:mode=after;position=^.TH;beginboundary=FakePo4aBoundary

.SH ÜBERSETZUNG
Deutsche Übersetzung dieser Handbuchseite von
ÜEBERSETZER.

Hallo,

The man-db package already ships a German translation, there will be a
conflict with your translation.
So somebody (me) has to contact the man-db and manpages-de
maintainers and coordinate the work. I'm still
convinced that these manual pages aren't up to date and need
some care.
BTW I just noticed that your PO files contain lines like
   # type: Plain text
which means that you used po4a < 0.36 to convert manpages.  This has
been fixed in 0.36, PO files now contain
   #. type: Plain text
because these comments are automatically extracted.  This means that
if you merge a PO file with a POT file generated by po4a >= 0.36, your
PO file will contain both lines.
Thank you for pointing at this. But I'm afraid I didn't quite
catch it. I downloaded the 0.40 deb, installed it in my lenny
chroot and did a test with catman. The diff did not show
the the new line. So the workaround is

»sed -i 's/# type: P/#. type:P/g' <file>« for already converted
files and for translations being worked on?

Kind regards
  Martin