Re: gwhois 20100515+nmu1: Please update debconf PO translation for the package gwhois

Quoting Helge Kreutzmann (debian@helgefjell.de):
> Hello Christian,
> On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 07:28:17AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > A non-maintainer upload (NMU) will happen on gwhois pretty soon, in
> > order to fix some pending bugs related to localization (most often new
> > or updated translations).
>
> well, the maintainer did the translation himself. A while ago I
> proposed a review on debian-l10n-german, as I saw the outdated message
> but couldn't reach him. Immediately after sending the RFR, the
> maintainer replied with:
>
>    der "letzte Übersetzer" ist zufällig auch der Autor des Programmes und
>    Maintainer des Debian-Paketes.
>
> in English:
>    by chance the "last translator" is also the author of the programm
>    and the maintainer of the Debian package.
>
> He did not respond to further emails.

Michael just followed up on another translation bug report (in
Danish). So, we know he's somehow listening to the BTS and responsive
to bugs sent against the package he maintains. It is thus my duty to
do my best to avoid an NMU and let him upload. Of course, in case
still nothing happens, I'll do the NMU and....here I would be missing
a German translation!

I suggest you send an update anyway to the BTS, with a nice wording
explaining this is a suggestion from the German l10n team and not a
tentative to hijack Michael's translation work.

Limit changes in existing strings to things you consider really needed
(spelling errors, mostly) even if these translations do not fit the
usual dlg standards. But, of course, complete the 3 missing strings...

I hope we don't have any pending conflict, here...:-)