Re: e2fsprogs files do not match upstream

Jens Seidel <jensseidel@users.sf.net> writes:

> Nevertheless I noted that
> http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/translation/registry.cgi?domain=e2fsprogs
> is out of date. First it refers to e2fsprogs-1.38-b3.pot instead of
> e2fsprogs-1.38.pot. Also the file
> http://ftp1.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/e2fsprogs/e2fsprogs-1.38-WIP-0620.tar.gz
> doesn't exist.

> The upstream tar ball contains a newer German translation so I'm really
> unsure whether the "Translation Project" is still alive.

This probably means that we missed an update notification by Theodore
Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu>.  I just update the POT file on
http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/translation/registry.cgi?domain=e2fsprogs

> Also I wonder about
> <quote>
> The maintainer requires that disclaimers be properly filled and sent to
> the Free Software Foundation, before accepting PO files from the
> translation project.
> </quote>
> (from
> http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/translation/registry.cgi?domain=e2fsprogs)

This is because Theodore once asked us to check for disclaimers.

> Does the "maintainer" refer to the upstream e2fsprogs maintainer or the
> Translation Project one????

Upstream maintainer.

--
Karl Eichwalder
R & D / Documentation                       SUSE Linux Products GmbH

Key fingerprint = B2A3 AF2F CFC8 40B1 67EA  475A 5903 A21B 06EB 882E