Re: manpages: Translation of + and *

Hello Jean-Philippe,
On Sun, Mar 26, 2023 at 02:00:31PM +0200, Jean-Philippe MENGUAL wrote:
> Well, I am not sure it is due to braille, rather to my low knowledge with
> Git. git diff gives good results if I use it properly, and it is now the
> case sometimes. The same for the compendium, my lowness is more technical
> than from the braille

Git just supports you, for the compendium the following workflow is a
good idea:

1. Before you start a translation:
   ../update-po.sh man7/ascii.7.po

1. Translate the file and (important) get it reviewed and commit it.

2. Update the compendium:
   ../use-for-compendium.sh man7/ascii.7.po

That's it. No git, just two commands.

Optionally, you can use git to see what's happening, i.e. after step
2, run:

git diff -a

Then you see which strings have been used for the compendium.

Once in a while, it is helps to update all files from the compendium.
It takes a few minutes:
../update-translations.sh

Optionally, you can review the updates before comitting them:
git diff -a

But don't worry about this global updates, Mario performs it regularly
when updating from upstream as well.

If you experience any problems with strings in the compendium, simply
drop Mario or myself a note an we will help you getting it fixed.

Greetings

         Helge