Re: manpages: Translation of + and *

Le 26/03/2023 à 13:20, Helge Kreutzmann a écrit :
Hello Jean-Philippe,
On Sun, Mar 26, 2023 at 12:46:04PM +0200, Jean-Philippe MENGUAL wrote:
Le 26/03/2023 à 08:28, Helge Kreutzmann a écrit :
Hello Jean-Philippe,
On Sun, Mar 26, 2023 at 08:11:09AM +0200, Jean-Philippe MENGUAL wrote:
Many thanks for this work. TO be honest I am unable to understand the bug
(here ii is against ntop) and what you changed exactly in your commit
related to this. Could you give me the log of your changes (diff) or point
to the bug URL?

This is related to the French translation of ascii(7) in manpages-fr
(and has nothing to do with ntop).

oh... I think in my braille display 8 became / and so I did not enter the
proper number. I understand better.

If there is anything we can do to help you see/feel this better,
please let us know.

Thanks, actually everything is perfect, just the hardware has a firmness problem sometimes on some dots, hence the mistake here

And thanks for checking.

oh... Could we remove this? It is probably a good thing sometimes (I wonder
which ones although), but given the side-effects, should be removed. I could
do but I am afraid to introduce bugs in the compendium

I will do so in a moment. And write back the update to all files.

The compendium is really good tool, but I have no experience at all
how the workflow performs on a braille display, especially how good
you can experience "git diff" calls.

Well, I am not sure it is due to braille, rather to my low knowledge with Git. git diff gives good results if I use it properly, and it is now the case sometimes. The same for the compendium, my lowness is more technical than from the braille

If there is a way where you could feel this appropriately, I think
this would speed up the French translation effort quite a bit.

I try to use them via the things you explained to me some times ago, and I use them much more. It helps, clearly.

I'll leave at this now, please let me know if I should elaborate on
this.

Ok. Thanks. The compendium and automation workflow is always an important topic for me, but I lack technical skills in many aspects.

Best regards

Best greetings

             Helge