[TAF] wml://News/2010/20101215.wml

Salut,

Une annonce du jour (ça vient du chef ;-), et courte, merci d'avance au
traducteur qui s'en chargera.

Amicalement

David

#use wml::debian::translation-check translation="1.2" maintainer="David Prévot"
<define-tag pagetitle>Debian 6.0 <q>Squeeze</q> to be released with completely free Linux Kernel</define-tag>
<define-tag release_date>2010-12-15</define-tag>
#use wml::debian::news

Linux kernel shipped with Debian for the past two release cycles.  At the time
possible to ship Linux kernels stripped of all non-free firmware bits. Back
then we had to acknowledge that freedom issues concerning Linux firmware were

Linux kernel, thanks to the work of
the <a href="http://wiki.debian.org/DebianKernel";>Debian Kernel team</a> and
various Linux upstream developers. We are proud to announce that, to the best
of our knowledge, all issues are solved and that we will be able to deliver a
Linux kernel which is completely Free, according to
the <a href="$(HOME)/social_contract#guidelines">Debian Free Software
Guidelines (DFSG)</a>, with Debian Squeeze. We hereby reaffirm Free Software as
one of our priorities, as documented in

users require the use of works that do not conform to the DFSG and that those
works might include non-free firmware bits. For the time being, we have added
to the <q>non-free</q> area of our archives alternative installation images and
additional packages for Debian Squeeze, that include non-free firmware bits
needed to enable specific pieces of hardware. They are not part of Debian, they
should be looked for explicitly by interested users, and we cannot support them
to the same extent of Free firmware as we do not have access to the
corresponding source code. We encourage hardware manufacturers to release only
DFSG-free firmware and we cannot accept other kind of firmware as part of
Debian.</p>

<h2>About Debian</h2>

The Debian Project was founded in 1993 by Ian Murdock to be a truly
free, community project. Since then the project has grown to be one of
the largest and most influential open source projects.  Over three
thousand volunteers from all over the world work together to create and
maintain Debian software. Translated into over 65 languages, and
supporting a huge range of computer types, Debian calls itself the
<q>universal operating system</q>.

<h2>Contact Information</h2>

&lt;press@debian.org&gt;.</p>