Re: Translation for debian installer in French

Ali Abbas a écrit :
> Hey dude
>
> Just wanted to point to you that your translation is junk
>
> You need to specify a partition for the root file system (mount point "/")
> with a minimum size of 2 GB, and a swap partition of at least 256 MB. You
> may also set up other partitions if you wish.
>
> You cannot translate this sentence the way you did it.
>
> A Swap partition is translated as "Partition d'Echange"... why? no need to
> add memory, that his the whole concept of it behind the word "Echange"
>
> Secondly, you also need to add the second part of the translation which is
> "You may also set up other partitions if you wish."
>
> So... please make sure you are translating correctly...
>

> yours

Thank you for giving me lessons about speaking my own language, it's
very much appreciated. I think that all Debian French translators, who
proofread that work in the last 4 years will also enjoy your
constructive comments.

After all, I'm only a newbie when it comes at translating software from
English to French so benefitting from your deep experience in that
matter is deeply appreciated.

That said, I have a very minor problem with your statement: the sentence
"You need to specify a partition for the root file system" doesn't
appear anywhere in Debian Installer translatable material, nor in Debian
Installation Manual.

Have you checked whether the system you're trying to install is really a
Debian system and not a Ubuntu or SuSe system?

I would also appreciate if you can suggest us better ways to translate
"swap partition". Please notice that "partition de swap" is out of question.

PS: apparently, someone messed up with your login name which I don't
believe could be suitable for your level of expertise.