Re: Urgent request for translation update.

> Exact changes are:
> s/with by/by/
> s/outputcdf/output_cdf/
> s/150seconds/150 seconds/
> s/use/uses/
>
> 4 minor changes = four fuzzy strings...seems logical to me.
>
> Suggested by Helge Kreutzmann:

OK, so none of these changes should affect translations.

In such case, you can just unfuzzy the strings.

There are several methods to do this:

-replace the changed strings in the PO files' msgid entries *before*
running debconf-updatepo. Can be done with sed but needs a lot of care
to ensure you don't break anything..:-)

-unfuzzy the translations that were previously complete:

 1) Check which PO files are complete

    On the *former package version source tree*, just do:
    cd debian/po
    for i in *po ; do msgfmt -o /dev/null --statistics $i ; done

 2) Move incomplete files aside

    All file that aren't reported as fully translated should be moved
in another directory

 3) put the new templates file in place

 4) Run debconf-updatepo

    This will fuzzy 4 strings in the PO files

 5) Unfuzzy

    cd debian/po
    mkdir NEW
    for i in *po ; do msgattrib --clear-fuzzy $i >NEW/$i ; done
    mv NEW/*po .

 6) Put back other PO files in place

 7) Run debconf-updatepo

 8) Go to step 1: all files that were complete should still be
complete

The third method, aka the lazy maintainer method is sending me a
tarball of the former package version debian/ directory as well as the
new templates file and let me handle this..:-)