Re: pppoeconf translations to update

Quoting Eduard Bloch (edi@gmx.de):
> Hello,
>
> I wish someone would review the attached translations from the pppoeconf
> package, update or remove fuzzy tags. Please keep Cc'ing to me since I
> am not subscribed to the list.

Eduard,

A rewrite of this translation is needed, if you want it to follow the
usual conventions used by the French team.

I don't remember whether Laurent had the translation reviewed by the
french team when he did the initial work : I don't think so, as a few
grammar errors are here and there....

Moreover, I have several criticisms for the English version
itself...:-)

First of all, is this configuration program meant to be used with a
debconf interface ? Or with a dialog-style interface ? If so, it
should probable follow the Debconf Templates Style Guide
(http://people.debian.org/~bubulle/dtsg/dtsg.txt) even if this is not
strict debconf stuff, which I suspect because of the escaped "\n".

Are these escaped "\n" normal ? Probably, but we need to be sure....If
so, I guess they are meant to be paragraph separators.

I also discourage the use of first person wording ("I have found....")
just like the policy does for init scripts for instance. This is
"computer personalization" which makes programs look somewhat
"unprofessionnal". No offense intended here, of course... Same for
"Sorry, but...." sentences....

Here is what I propose :

I have rewritten the translation and will submit it to the
-l10n-french list for review. Laurent will be CC'ed to this as he did
the initial work.

If you think you can (and want) follow the advices above, please send
us a note with the new POT file (better sent the POT rather than the
fr.po file).

I hope I'm not annoying....this is meants for improving the
package....:-)