Re: Mauvaise traduction du modèle (debian/templates.fr) de netkit-inetd

Quoting Frédéric Bothamy (frederic.bothamy@free.fr):
> * Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> [2004-11-10 07:04] :
> >
> > > Ce que j'ai trouvé dans les archives et qui se rapproche le plus de
> > > cela, c'est ce message (le paquet source est netkit-base) :
> > >
> > > http://lists.debian.org/debian-l10n-french/2003/08/msg00928.html
> > >
> > > Je crois qu'il faudrait donc le faire basculer vers po-debconf.
> >
> > Oui, sans réserve. Ahem, tu le fais ? :-)
> >
> > (il faut fournir le patch sinon la bascule n'est jamais faite...si tu
> > ne le sens pas, je m'y collerai...)
>
> Tu as encore ton document modèle expliquant comment faire la bascule ?
> Si oui, je veux bien m'en occuper.

Vala ce que j'envoyais en même temps que le patch:

(this text is generic for "po-debconf switch" bug reports. If something is
specific to your package, look at the end of this BR)

Using the "new" gettext format for debconf templates helps for templates
translations. For instance, detecting outdated or untranslated strings
becomes considerably easier. It also keeps track of who did which translation.

The attached patch does the required modifications :
- debian/control modification for dependencies (see below)
- execute "debconf-gettextize debian/*templates*"
- removed files left by debconf-gettextize (*.templates.old which are the
  old-style templates and *.templates.xx which are the former translated
  templates
- french translation proofreading (the file is debian/po/fr.po) if a french
  translation (partial or not) already existed for the templates

Then diff file creation....

I, in the same time, started to work on a french translation if none
was there. In such case, the fr.po file will be sent to you through
another BR.

If you want to reproduce this by yourself instead of applying the
patch, you have to do:

-install po-debconf on your system
-go to the debian directory
-read man po-debconf..:-)
-run "debconf-gettextize *.templates"
-read the output
-change Build-Depends or Build-Depends-Indep (see below)

Then you will pick up the fr.po file from my own patch (I often make small
corrections to existing french translations to make them conformant to
the existing standards of the Debian french l10n team).

Build Dependencies of the package have to become the following :

Build-Depends(-Indep) should list "debhelper (>= 4.1.16)" (debhelper
depends upon po-debconf) if you use debhelper, or "po-debconf"
directly if you don't (but, then, please look at po-debconf man page)

For more details, see po-debconf documentation, especially "man 7 po-debconf"

Read this if you're concerned with backports :

Please note that the suggested modifications will make your
package a little bit harder to backport to earlier Debian releases. If
this is a concern to you, you may try to adopt the method used by the
openssh package and detailed by Colin Watson in
http://lists.debian.org/debian-i18n/2003/debian-i18n-200307/msg00026.html";.

This patch does not includes this method as this would make it too
invasive, IMHO. So, preserving backportability is up to you...

Additional notes, specific to this package :