Re: The Plan

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 06:32:29PM +0100, Tim Dijkstra wrote:
> Hi francophones,
>
> So what is the plan with respect to your translation status page? I
> would love to develop the page further and if we want to integrate it in
> the debian pages we should definitely do that. For that to
> happen somebody needs to set up some things on a debian server,
> ideally something where I can commit to. So if there's a debian
> developer who could do that, please do so.

Tim,

Nikolai Prokoschenko, member of the Russian team, contacted me today
to know if some l10n infrastructure similar to d-i exist for normal
packages.  I gave him pointers to these threads, and he is very
interested in discussing this issue on debian-i18n, because they
are currently developing their own system and duplication of work
is seldom a good idea.  It looks like I was not the only one to miss
your initial message ;)
So could you please start a new thread on debian-i18n to explain what
you have implemented and see who is interested in discussing how this
can be extended to be usable by all translation teams?

Denis