Re: Please move the french translation of the "Securing Debian Manual" to the DDP CVS

* Pierre Machard <pmachard@tuxfamily.org> [2003-07-12 08:44] :
> Hi Javier,
>

> Le vendredi 11 juillet 2003 à 20:09 +0200, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña a écrit :
> > I have been recently informed that there is a french translation of the
> > Securing Debian Manual, but it has been place, for some reason, in the WML
> > CVS [1] instead of the DDP CVS.
> >
> > The location of the translations of DDP documents should be the DDP CVS, it
> > makes it easier for upstream documentation maintainer (in this case, me) to
> > keep track of translators (know who is translating which and wether or not
> > a document is too up-to-date) as well as makes it easier to publish them
> > automatically in the DDP area [2] of the website, enabling
> > content-negotiation.
> >
> > Please move this (and other, if any) translations of DDP documents to the
> > DDP area. Thanks
>
> The translation is compltetely out-of-date. I used to maintain, but I
> was never available to find the time to achieve the translation.
>
> Moreover, one of the contributor, a French, told me (some month ago)
> that some parts of this doc were about to move or/and have been
> completely removed.
>
> We choose to put it in "our" cvsroot, as a working draft. For instance
> nobody is working on it, I believe that currently this translation is
> unuseful and as a consequence it should not be installed within DDP

Hello Pierre and Javier,

If Pierre does not mind, I would like to take over the translation of
this important document and when it will be up-to-date, put it in the
DDP CVS. Of course I would appreciate any help from my french colleagues
to do this work.

Greetings

Fred