Re: Please move the french translation of the "Securing Debian Manual" to the DDP CVS

Hi Javier,

Le vendredi 11 juillet 2003 à 20:09 +0200, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña a écrit :
> I have been recently informed that there is a french translation of the
> Securing Debian Manual, but it has been place, for some reason, in the WML
> CVS [1] instead of the DDP CVS.
>
> The location of the translations of DDP documents should be the DDP CVS, it
> makes it easier for upstream documentation maintainer (in this case, me) to
> keep track of translators (know who is translating which and wether or not
> a document is too up-to-date) as well as makes it easier to publish them
> automatically in the DDP area [2] of the website, enabling
> content-negotiation.
>
> Please move this (and other, if any) translations of DDP documents to the
> DDP area. Thanks

The translation is compltetely out-of-date. I used to maintain, but I
was never available to find the time to achieve the translation.

Moreover, one of the contributor, a French, told me (some month ago)
that some parts of this doc were about to move or/and have been
completely removed.

We choose to put it in "our" cvsroot, as a working draft. For instance
nobody is working on it, I believe that currently this translation is
unuseful and as a consequence it should not be installed within DDP

Cheers,
--
                                Pierre Machard
<pmachard@tuxfamily.org>                                  TuxFamily.org