Re: Review of texts for miniupnpd^Wminissdp

Justin B Rye <justin.byam.rye@gmail.com> 于2019年1月27日周日 下午8:37写道:

> Yangfl wrote:
> > Template: minissdpd/why_I_am_here
> > Type: note
>
> Devref says (in 6.5,3.1.8., the section about "Type: error"):
>
>   It is recommended to use this type for any message that needs user
>   attention for a correction of any kind.
>
> It seems to me a note is either too much (if, e.g., I've previously
> had it set up but then did an unpurged remove) or too little (if I'm
> directly installing minissdpd and expecting it to work); couldn't the
> install process check whether there's already a config-file in place?
> Also, is it possible to configure minissdpd to not run at all?  If so,
> wouldn't that make a tolerable initial default?

This note is for
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=916699 . It will
only be displayed during an upgrade, a fresh installation will skip
it. But maybe I could also check for any existing "acceptable" config
before showing it. A package installed but not enabled automatically
seems pretty weird to me, especially  for helper programs which are
supposed to work out of box like minissdpd. Minissdpd in stretch is
enabled automatically without any debconf questions, disabling it
silently would only cause confusion.

Thanks for your correction.