Re: Proof reading updated ejabberd debconf template

Hello Justin,

This will only affect the option called 'ERL_OPTIONS' which is additional Erlang options (lines 107- 119) of /usr/share/doc/ejabberd/examples/ejabberdctl.cfg.example.gz and it is the only reason I used 'Erlang options' in the description. Will this change understanding for users?

Justin B Rye <justin.byam.rye@gmail.com> schrieb am Di., 7. Nov. 2017, 18:10:
Neil Castelino wrote:
> I am helping maintain the ejabberd package and I was wondering if
> someone will be able to proof read a small addition to the template and
> let me know if it is alright for translation?
>
> The addition is only ejabberd/erlangopts

So this bit:

> Template: ejabberd/erlangopts
> Type: string
> Default: -env ERL_CRASH_DUMP_BYTES 0
>  If you would like a customized set of options, you may enter it here. You may
>  also edit /etc/ejabberd/ejabberdctl.cfg later if you desire.

What is it about these options for ejabberd that makes them worth
referring to in the short description as *Erlang* options?  Judging by
 /usr/share/doc/ejabberd/examples/ejabberdctl.cfg.example.gz,
the available options include things like FIREWALL_WINDOW and
EJABBERD_CONFIG_PATH that aren't obviously language-specific.  So it's
possible that you should really be saying something more like:

  Template: ejabberd/erlangopts
  Type: string
  Default: -env ERL_CRASH_DUMP_BYTES 0
   To configure the ejabberd server with customized options, enter them here.
   It is also possible to set them by editing /etc/ejabberd/ejabberdctl.cfg.

--
JBR     with qualifications in linguistics, experience as a Debian