Re: Package Descriptions - Translation of English Acronyms

Quoting Martin Eberhard Schauer (Martin.E.Schauer@gmx.de):
> >> Sometimes an English short package description is a proper name …
>
> > Could you give an example? :)
>

> Hi Jonathan,
>
> thanks for asking about the missing link.
>
> I'm convinced that there are sensible translations for
>
> * bats: Bash Automated Testing System

My French translation would be :

bats : jeu de tests automatiques pour Bash

Bats (« Bash Automated Testing System » : jeu de tests automatiques
pour Bash) est blablabla.....

So, an ttempt to translate the acronym in the short description and
something in the long one that would reintroduce the English acronym

If I'm not constrained by size (so if not in a short package
description), then I would give both so that people can easily get the
point of the acronym and also have it translated.