Re: Request for Review: APT manpages

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 11:49 AM, Justin B Rye <jbr@edlug.org.uk> wrote:
> Just fiddling with it slightly, how about one of these:
>
>  <refpurpose>List of sources for package information</refpurpose>
>  <refpurpose>List of package information sources for APT</refpurpose>
>  <refpurpose>List of configured APT data sources</refpurpose>

I take the third one for now as I like the omission of "package" here
and instead going for "data" which suggests that this stuff is going to
be processed by APT and not pointers for a human to get information
(the first sounds a bit like that; and the second sounds like it lists all
 possible sources you can choose from to set up APT)

In the future, it might be that we are stressing the data part a bit more
(e.g. DEP11 preferring a component-centered view over a package-
 by-package one), so this can't be the worst choice.

Best regards

David Kalnischkies