Re: Request for Review: APT manpages

David Kalnischkies <kalnischkies+debian@gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 4:12 PM, Justin B Rye <jbr@edlug.org.uk> wrote:
> > I would suggest:
> >
> >      <refpurpose>Distribution definitions for APT</refpurpose>
>
> Mhh, this doesn't tell me much. Distribution sounds like I am defining
> what Debian, Ubuntu or $whatever will be for APT, but I am just
> defining where I want to get stuff from.
>
> Maybe
> <refpurpose>List of sources to acquire package information from</refpurpose>
> ?

The established term for these is “repository”, I think.

    <refpurpose>Definitions for package repositories</refpurpose>

The common meaning of “repository” is understood well enough that
“package repository” communicates the meaning correctly, I think.

--
 \       “If we listen only to those who are like us, we will squander |
  `\   the great opportunity before us: To live together peacefully in |