Re: [LCFC] templates://fpc/{control,fp-compiler.templates}.in

David Prévot wrote:
> In the reviewed templates, I just wonder if a colon shouldn't be added
> after “for” (just before the list), but it may just be French oriented typo:
>
>> The update-alternatives command can be used to set a default version for
>>   * fpc (the compiler);

Oh, yes, I must have stripped the colon out while there were lots of them
scattered through the list and then forgotten to put it back.  I'm
surprised that the bit that needs more attention isn't somewhere down
among all the meta-meta-packages.

The attached patch is just to change that one character.
Template: fp-compiler${PACKAGESUFFIX}/rename_cfg
Type: boolean
Default: true
 FPC now supports having multiple versions installed on the same system.
 The update-alternatives command can be used to set a default version for:
  * fpc (the compiler);
  * fpc.cfg (the configuration file);
  * fp-utils (the helper tools).
 .
 Whatever version you may choose as default, the configuration files are
 always backward compatible, so it should always be safe to use the latest
 version.
 .
 In order to use the alternatives system on the system wide FPC configuration
 file you must accept renaming "/etc/fpc.cfg"; otherwise you will need to
 manage this manually by yourself.
Source: fpc
Section: devel
Maintainer: Carlos Laviola <claviola@debian.org>
Uploaders: Torsten Werner <twerner@debian.org>, Abou Al Montacir <abou.almontacir@sfr.fr>, Peter Michael Green <plugwash@debian.org>
DM-Upload-Allowed: yes
Standards-Version: 3.9.3
Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 7), fp-compiler, fp-units-base, fp-units-fcl, fp-utils, mawk | awk, libncurses-dev, binutils, ghostscript
Build-Depends-Indep: hevea
Vcs-Svn: https://bollin.googlecode.com/svn/fpc/trunk/
Vcs-Browser: http://bollin.googlecode.com/svn/fpc/trunk/
Homepage: http://www.freepascal.org/

Package: fpc${PACKAGESUFFIX}
Section: metapackages
Architecture: all
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fp-units-rtl${PACKAGESUFFIX} (>= ${binary:Version}), fp-compiler${PACKAGESUFFIX} (>= ${binary:Version}), fp-units-base${PACKAGESUFFIX} (>= ${binary:Version}), fp-ide${PACKAGESUFFIX} (>= ${binary:Version}), fp-units-fcl${PACKAGESUFFIX} (>= ${binary:Version}), fp-units-fv${PACKAGESUFFIX} (>= ${binary:Version}), fp-units-gtk${PACKAGESUFFIX} (>= ${binary:Version}), fp-units-gtk2${PACKAGESUFFIX} (>= ${binary:Version}), fp-units-gnome1${PACKAGESUFFIX} (>= ${binary:Version}), fp-units-db${PACKAGESUFFIX} (>= ${binary:Version}), fp-units-gfx${PACKAGESUFFIX} (>= ${binary:Version}), fp-units-net${PACKAGESUFFIX} (>= ${binary:Version}), fp-units-misc${PACKAGESUFFIX} (>= ${binary:Version}), fp-units-multimedia${PACKAGESUFFIX} (>= ${binary:Version}), fp-units-math${PACKAGESUFFIX} (>= ${binary:Version})
Recommends: fp-utils${PACKAGESUFFIX}
Suggests: lazarus, fp-docs${PACKAGESUFFIX} (>= ${source:Upstream-Version})
Provides: fpc
Breaks: fpc (<= 2.4.0-3)
Replaces: fpc (<= 2.4.0-3)
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 Extensions have been added to the language, such as function overloading,
 creation and linking of shared libraries, and Delphi language extensions
 including classes, exceptions, ANSI strings, and open arrays.
 .
 This metapackage pulls in all the FPC packages provided for this
 architecture. Experienced users may instead prefer to install the particular
 packages they require by hand.

Package: fpc-source${PACKAGESUFFIX}
Architecture: all
Depends: ${misc:Depends}
Provides: fpc-source
Breaks: fpc-source (<= 2.4.0-3)
Replaces: fpc-source (<= 2.4.0-3)
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 This package contains Free Pascal's own source code. It is meant to be used by
 the Lazarus IDE.

Package: fp-compiler${PACKAGESUFFIX}
Architecture: i386 powerpc sparc amd64 armel armhf
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fp-units-rtl${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version}), binutils
Recommends: fp-utils${PACKAGESUFFIX} (>= ${binary:Version})
Suggests: fp-docs${PACKAGESUFFIX} (>= ${source:Upstream-Version})
Provides: fp-compiler
Breaks: fp-compiler (<= 2.4.0-3), fp-utils-2.4.4 (<= 2.4.4-2), fp-utils-2.4.2 (<= 2.4.2-3)
Conflicts: binutils-gold
Replaces: fp-compiler (<= 2.4.0-3), fp-utils-2.4.4 (<= 2.4.4-1)
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 Extensions have been added to the language, such as function overloading,
 creation and linking of shared libraries, and Delphi language extensions
 including classes, exceptions, ANSI strings, and open arrays.
 .
 This package contains the command line compiler.

Package: fp-ide${PACKAGESUFFIX}
Architecture: i386 powerpc sparc amd64 armel armhf
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fp-units-rtl${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version}), ${shlibs:Depends}
Recommends: fp-utils${PACKAGESUFFIX} (>= ${binary:Version})
Suggests: fp-docs${PACKAGESUFFIX} (>= ${source:Upstream-Version})
Provides: fp-ide
Breaks: fp-ide (<= 2.4.0-3)
Replaces: fp-ide (<= 2.4.0-3)
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 Extensions have been added to the language, such as function overloading,
 creation and linking of shared libraries, and Delphi language extensions
 including classes, exceptions, ANSI strings, and open arrays.
 .
 This package contains the Integrated Development Environment (IDE). The IDE
 has an internal compiler.

Package: fp-utils${PACKAGESUFFIX}
Architecture: i386 powerpc sparc amd64 armel armhf
Depends: ${misc:Depends}
Recommends: fp-compiler${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version})
Provides: fp-utils
Breaks: fp-utils (<= 2.4.0-3), fp-compiler (<= 2.4.0-3), fp-units-gfx (<= 2.4.2-2), fp-units-gfx-2.4.2 (<= 2.4.2-2)
Replaces: fp-utils (<= 2.4.0-3), fp-compiler (<= 2.4.0-3)
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 This package contains some handy utilities for use with the Free Pascal
 Compiler:
  * data2inc   convert binary/text data to include files;
  * fpcmake    create Makefile from Makefile.fpc;
  * h2pas      convert .h files to Pascal units;
  * plex/pyacc Pascal Lex and Yacc implementations;
  * ppdep      create a dependency file for use with Makefiles;
  * ppudump    dump the information stored in a .ppu (unit) file;
  * ppufiles   show needed files for units;
  * ppumove    place multiple units in a shared library;
  * ptop       beautify source.

Package: fp-docs${PACKAGESUFFIX}
Section: doc
Architecture: all
Depends: ${misc:Depends}
Provides: fp-docs
Breaks: fp-docs (<= 2.4.0-3)
Replaces: fp-docs (<= 2.4.0-3)
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 This package provides documentation for the Free Pascal Compiler in HTML
 format.

Package: fp-units-rtl${PACKAGESUFFIX}
Architecture: i386 powerpc sparc amd64 armel armhf
Depends: ${misc:Depends}
Recommends: fp-compiler${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version})
Provides: fp-units-rtl, fpc-abi-${source:Upstream-Version}
Breaks: fp-units-rtl (<= 2.4.0-3)
Replaces: fp-units-rtl (<= 2.4.0-3)
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 This package contains the RunTime Libraries for the Free Pascal Compiler.

Package: fp-units-base${PACKAGESUFFIX}
Architecture: i386 powerpc sparc amd64 armel armhf
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fp-units-rtl${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version})
Provides: fp-units-base
Breaks: fp-units-base (<= 2.4.0-3)
Replaces: fp-units-base (<= 2.4.0-3)
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 This package contains Free Pascal units for common libraries (some of which
 are also required by the Free Component Library): NCurses, X11 (Xlib,
 Xutil), and ZLib.

Package: fp-units-fcl${PACKAGESUFFIX}
Architecture: i386 powerpc sparc amd64 armel armhf
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fp-units-rtl${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version}), fp-units-base${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version})
Provides: fp-units-fcl
Breaks: fp-units-fcl (<= 2.4.0-3)
Replaces: fp-units-fcl (<= 2.4.0-3)
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 This package contains the Free Component Library for the Free Pascal Compiler.

Package: fp-units-fv${PACKAGESUFFIX}
Architecture: i386 powerpc sparc amd64 armel armhf
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fp-units-rtl${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version})
Provides: fp-units-fv
Breaks: fp-units-fv (<= 2.4.0-3)
Replaces: fp-units-fv (<= 2.4.0-3)
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 This package contains the Free Vision units for the Free Pascal Compiler
 (which provide a framework for developing text user interfaces).

Package: fp-units-gtk${PACKAGESUFFIX}
Architecture: i386 powerpc sparc amd64 armel armhf
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fp-units-rtl${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version}), fp-units-fcl${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version}), libgtk2.0-dev
Provides: fp-units-gtk
Breaks: fp-units-gtk (<= 2.4.0-3)
Replaces: fp-units-gtk (<= 2.4.0-3)
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 This package contains Free Pascal units and examples to create
 programs with GTK+ 1.2.

Package: fp-units-gtk2${PACKAGESUFFIX}
Architecture: i386 powerpc sparc amd64 armel armhf
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fp-units-rtl${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version}), fp-units-fcl${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version})
Provides: fp-units-gtk2
Breaks: fp-units-gtk2 (<= 2.4.0-3)
Replaces: fp-units-gtk2 (<= 2.4.0-3)
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 This package contains Free Pascal units and examples to create
 programs with GTK+ 2.x.

Package: fp-units-gnome1${PACKAGESUFFIX}
Architecture: i386 powerpc sparc amd64 armel armhf
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fp-units-rtl${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version}), fp-units-gtk${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version})
Provides: fp-units-gnome1
Breaks: fp-units-gnome1 (<= 2.4.0-3)
Replaces: fp-units-gnome1 (<= 2.4.0-3)
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 This package contains Free Pascal units and examples to create
 programs for GNOME 1.

Package: fp-units-db${PACKAGESUFFIX}
Architecture: i386 powerpc sparc amd64 armel armhf
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fp-units-rtl${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version})
Provides: fp-units-db
Breaks: fp-units-db (<= 2.4.0-3)
Replaces: fp-units-db (<= 2.4.0-3)
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 This package contains Free Pascal units with bindings for GDBM, Interbase,
 MySQL, PostgreSQL, ODBC, Oracle, and SQLite.

Package: fp-units-gfx${PACKAGESUFFIX}
Architecture: i386 powerpc sparc amd64 armel armhf
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fp-units-rtl${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version}), fp-units-base${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version}), libsvga1-dev [i386 amd64 armel armhf]
Provides: fp-units-gfx
Breaks: fp-units-gfx (<= 2.4.0-3)
Replaces: fp-units-gfx (<= 2.4.0-3)
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 This package contains Free Pascal units with bindings for cairo, forms, ggi,
 graph, libgd, libpng, opengl, and svgalib.

Package: fp-units-net${PACKAGESUFFIX}
Architecture: i386 powerpc sparc amd64 armel armhf
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fp-units-rtl${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version})
Provides: fp-units-net
Breaks: fp-units-net (<= 2.4.0-3)
Replaces: fp-units-net (<= 2.4.0-3)
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 This package contains Free Pascal units for creating network tools: dbus,
 httpd-1.3, httpd-2.0, httpd-2.2, ldap, libasync, libcurl, netdb, openssl,
 and pcap.

Package: fp-units-math${PACKAGESUFFIX}
Architecture: i386 powerpc sparc amd64 armel armhf
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fp-units-rtl${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version})
Provides: fp-units-math
Breaks: fp-units-math (<= 2.4.0-3)
Replaces: fp-units-math (<= 2.4.0-3), fp-units-misc (<= 2.2.4-4)
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 This package contains Free Pascal math interfacing units for:
  * gmp (the GNU Multiple Precision arithmetic library);
  * numlib (numerical computing);
  * proj4 (cartographic projections);
  * symbolic (symbolic computing).

Package: fp-units-misc${PACKAGESUFFIX}
Architecture: i386 powerpc sparc amd64 armel armhf
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fp-units-rtl${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version})
Provides: fp-units-misc
Breaks: fp-units-misc (<= 2.4.0-3)
Replaces: fp-units-misc (<= 2.4.0-3)
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 This package contains miscellaneous Free Pascal units: fppkg (the FPC
 packaging system), PasZLib (a Pascal-only zlib implementation), and Utmp.

Package: fp-units-multimedia${PACKAGESUFFIX}
Architecture: i386 powerpc sparc amd64 armel armhf
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fp-units-rtl${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version}), libogg-dev, libvorbis-dev, a52dec-dev, libdts-dev, libmad0-dev, libmodplug-dev, libsdl-mixer1.2-dev
Provides: fp-units-multimedia
Breaks: fp-units-multimedia (<= 2.4.0-3)
Replaces: fp-units-multimedia (<= 2.4.0-3), fp-units-gfx (<= 2.2.4-3)
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 This package contains Free Pascal multimedia units: a52, dts, mad, modplug,
 oggvorbis, and openal.

Package: fp-units-i386${PACKAGESUFFIX}
Architecture: i386
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fp-units-rtl${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version})
Provides: fp-units-i386
Breaks: fp-units-i386 (<= 2.4.0-3)
Replaces: fp-units-i386 (<= 2.4.0-3)
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 This package contains the deprecated Free Pascal libc unit for the i386
 architecture (used for compatibility with Borland's Kylix).

##################### backward compatibility meta packages#####################

Package: fpc
Section: metapackages
Architecture: all
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fpc${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version})
Recommends: fp-utils${PACKAGESUFFIX}
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 Extensions have been added to the language, such as function overloading,
 creation and linking of shared libraries, and Delphi language extensions
 including classes, exceptions, ANSI strings, and open arrays.
 .
 This dependency package always depends on the latest available version of
 the metapackage pulling in all the FPC packages provided for this
 architecture. Experienced users may instead prefer to install the particular
 packages they require by hand.

Package: fpc-source
Section: metapackages
Architecture: all
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fpc-source${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version})
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 This dependency package always depends on the latest available version of
 the package containing Free Pascal's own source code. It is meant to be used by
 the Lazarus IDE.

Package: fp-compiler
Section: metapackages
Architecture: any
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fp-compiler${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version})
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 Extensions have been added to the language, such as function overloading,
 creation and linking of shared libraries, and Delphi language extensions
 including classes, exceptions, ANSI strings, and open arrays.
 .
 This dependency package always depends on the latest available version of
 the package containing the command line compiler.

Package: fp-ide
Section: metapackages
Architecture: any
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fp-ide${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version})
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 Extensions have been added to the language, such as function overloading,
 creation and linking of shared libraries, and Delphi language extensions
 including classes, exceptions, ANSI strings, and open arrays.
 .
 This dependency package always depends on the latest available version of
 the package containing the Integrated Development Environment (IDE). The IDE
 has an internal compiler.

Package: fp-utils
Section: metapackages
Architecture: any
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fp-utils${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version})
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 This dependency package always depends on the latest available version of
 the package containing some handy utilities for use with the Free Pascal
 Compiler:
  * data2inc   convert binary/text data to include files;
  * fpcmake    create Makefile from Makefile.fpc;
  * h2pas      convert .h files to Pascal units;
  * plex/pyacc Pascal Lex and Yacc implementations;
  * ppdep      create a dependency file for use with Makefiles;
  * ppudump    dump the information stored in a .ppu (unit) file;
  * ppufiles   show needed files for units;
  * ppumove    place multiple units in a shared library;
  * ptop       beautify source.

Package: fp-docs
Section: doc
Architecture: all
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fp-docs${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version})
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 This dependency package always depends on the latest available version of
 the package containing documentation for the Free Pascal Compiler in HTML
 format.

Package: fp-units-rtl
Section: metapackages
Architecture: any
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fp-units-rtl${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version})
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 This dependency package always depends on the latest available version of
 the package containing the RunTime Libraries for the Free Pascal Compiler.

Package: fp-units-base
Section: metapackages
Architecture: any
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fp-units-base${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version})
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 This dependency package always depends on the latest available version of
 the package containing Free Pascal units for common libraries (some of which
 are also required by the Free Component Library): NCurses, X11 (Xlib,
 Xutil), and ZLib.

Package: fp-units-fcl
Section: metapackages
Architecture: any
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fp-units-fcl${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version})
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 This dependency package always depends on the latest available version of
 the package containing the Free Component Library for the Free Pascal Compiler.

Package: fp-units-fv
Section: metapackages
Architecture: any
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fp-units-fv${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version})
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 This dependency package always depends on the latest available version of
 the package containing the Free Vision units for the Free Pascal Compiler
 (which provide a framework for developing text user interfaces).

Package: fp-units-gtk
Section: metapackages
Architecture: any
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fp-units-gtk${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version})
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 This dependency package always depends on the latest available version of
 the package containing Free Pascal units and examples to create
 programs with GTK+ 1.2.

Package: fp-units-gtk2
Section: metapackages
Architecture: any
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fp-units-gtk2${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version})
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 This dependency package always depends on the latest available version of
 the package containing Free Pascal units and examples to create
 programs with GTK+ 2.x.

Package: fp-units-gnome1
Section: metapackages
Architecture: any
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fp-units-gnome1${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version})
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 This dependency package always depends on the latest available version of
 the package containing Free Pascal units and examples to create
 programs for GNOME 1.

Package: fp-units-db
Section: metapackages
Architecture: any
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fp-units-db${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version})
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 This dependency package always depends on the latest available version of
 the package containing Free Pascal units with bindings for GDBM, Interbase,
 MySQL, PostgreSQL, ODBC, Oracle, and SQLite.

Package: fp-units-gfx
Section: metapackages
Architecture: any
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fp-units-gfx${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version})
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 This dependency package always depends on the latest available version of
 the package containing Free Pascal units with bindings for cairo, forms, ggi,
 graph, libgd, libpng, opengl, and svgalib.

Package: fp-units-net
Section: metapackages
Architecture: any
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fp-units-net${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version})
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 This dependency package always depends on the latest available version of
 the package containing Free Pascal units for creating network tools: dbus,
 httpd-1.3, httpd-2.0, httpd-2.2, ldap, libasync, libcurl, netdb, openssl,
 and pcap.

Package: fp-units-math
Section: metapackages
Architecture: any
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fp-units-math${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version})
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 This dependency package always depends on the latest available version of
 the package containing Free Pascal math interfacing units for:
  * gmp (the GNU Multiple Precision arithmetic library);
  * numlib (numerical computing);
  * proj4 (cartographic projections);
  * symbolic (symbolic computing).

Package: fp-units-misc
Section: metapackages
Architecture: any
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fp-units-misc${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version})
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 This dependency package always depends on the latest available version of
 the package containing miscellaneous Free Pascal units: fppkg (the FPC
 packaging system), PasZLib (a Pascal-only zlib implementation), and Utmp.

Package: fp-units-multimedia
Section: metapackages
Architecture: any
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fp-units-multimedia${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version})
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 This dependency package always depends on the latest available version of
 the package containing Free Pascal multimedia units: a52, dts, mad, modplug,
 oggvorbis, and openal.

Package: fp-units-i386
Section: metapackages
Architecture: i386
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, fp-units-i386${PACKAGESUFFIX} (= ${binary:Version})
 The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
 and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
 completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
 compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
 Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
 with many popular open source libraries.
 .
 This dependency package always depends on the latest available version of
 the package containing the deprecated Free Pascal libc unit for the i386
 architecture (used for compatibility with Borland's Kylix).
diff -ru fpc-2.6.0.pristine/debian/control.in fpc-2.6.0/debian/control.in
--- fpc-2.6.0.pristine/debian/control.in	2012-07-06 19:05:15.000000000 +0100
+++ fpc-2.6.0/debian/control.in	2012-09-04 10:08:31.892417481 +0100
@@ -12,6 +12,7 @@

@@ -19,21 +20,21 @@
 Provides: fpc
 Breaks: fpc (<= 2.4.0-3)
 Replaces: fpc (<= 2.4.0-3)
- The Free Pascal Compiler is an object pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
- and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects as well as Mac pascal dialects.
- It provides a completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many
- platforms and compatible with Turbo Pascal, but also a platform independent
- class based Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and
- interfacing many popular open source libraries.
- .
- Some extensions are added to the language, like function overloading. Shared
- libraries can be linked and created. Delphi language extensions like classes,
- exceptions, ansi strings and open arrays are also supported.
- .
- This package contains dependency on all FPC packages provided on your
- architecture. Experienced users may want to install only packages they need,
- and can skip installing this metapackage.
+ The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
+ and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
+ completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
+ compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
+ Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
+ with many popular open source libraries.
+ .
+ Extensions have been added to the language, such as function overloading,
+ creation and linking of shared libraries, and Delphi language extensions
+ including classes, exceptions, ANSI strings, and open arrays.
+ .
+ This metapackage pulls in all the FPC packages provided for this
+ architecture. Experienced users may instead prefer to install the particular
+ packages they require by hand.

 Package: fpc-source${PACKAGESUFFIX}
 Architecture: all
@@ -41,13 +42,13 @@
 Provides: fpc-source
 Breaks: fpc-source (<= 2.4.0-3)
 Replaces: fpc-source (<= 2.4.0-3)
@@ -61,17 +62,17 @@
[...]

@@ -84,16 +85,16 @@
 Breaks: fp-ide (<= 2.4.0-3)
 Replaces: fp-ide (<= 2.4.0-3)
@@ -105,25 +106,25 @@
[...]
- This package contains some handy utils for usage with the Free Pascal
+ This package contains some handy utilities for use with the Free Pascal
  Compiler:
-   - ppumove     Place multiple units in a shared library
-   - ppufiles    Show needed files for units
-   - ppudump     Dump the information stored in a .ppu (unit) file
-   - fpcmake     Create Makefile from Makefile.fpc
-   - h2pas       Convert .h files to pascal units
-   - ppdep       Create a dependency file which can be used with Makefiles
-   - ptop        Source beautifier
-   - data2inc    Convert binary/text data to include files
-   - plex/pyacc  Pascal Lex/Yacc implementation
+  * data2inc   convert binary/text data to include files;
+  * fpcmake    create Makefile from Makefile.fpc;
+  * h2pas      convert .h files to Pascal units;
+  * plex/pyacc Pascal Lex and Yacc implementations;
+  * ppdep      create a dependency file for use with Makefiles;
+  * ppudump    dump the information stored in a .ppu (unit) file;
+  * ppufiles   show needed files for units;
+  * ppumove    place multiple units in a shared library;
+  * ptop       beautify source.

 Package: fp-docs${PACKAGESUFFIX}
 Section: doc
@@ -132,13 +133,13 @@
 Provides: fp-docs
 Breaks: fp-docs (<= 2.4.0-3)
 Replaces: fp-docs (<= 2.4.0-3)
@@ -150,15 +151,15 @@
[...]

@@ -167,18 +168,16 @@
 Breaks: fp-units-base (<= 2.4.0-3)
 Replaces: fp-units-base (<= 2.4.0-3)
- The Free Pascal Compiler is an object pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
- and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects as well as Mac pascal dialects.
- It provides a completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many
- platforms and compatible with Turbo Pascal, but also a platform independent
- class based Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and
- interfacing many popular open source libraries.
- .
- This package contains Free Pascal units for common libraries.  Some of these
- units are also required by the Free Component Library:
-  - X11 (Xlib, Xutil)
-  - NCurses
-  - ZLib
+ The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
+ and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
+ completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
+ compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
+ Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
+ with many popular open source libraries.
+ .
+ This package contains Free Pascal units for common libraries (some of which
+ are also required by the Free Component Library): NCurses, X11 (Xlib,
+ Xutil), and ZLib.

 Package: fp-units-fcl${PACKAGESUFFIX}
 Architecture: i386 powerpc sparc amd64 armel armhf
@@ -187,12 +186,12 @@
 Breaks: fp-units-fcl (<= 2.4.0-3)
 Replaces: fp-units-fcl (<= 2.4.0-3)
[...]

@@ -203,14 +202,15 @@
 Breaks: fp-units-fv (<= 2.4.0-3)
 Replaces: fp-units-fv (<= 2.4.0-3)
[...]

@@ -219,12 +219,12 @@
 Breaks: fp-units-gtk (<= 2.4.0-3)
 Replaces: fp-units-gtk (<= 2.4.0-3)
[...]
@@ -236,12 +236,12 @@
 Breaks: fp-units-gtk2 (<= 2.4.0-3)
 Replaces: fp-units-gtk2 (<= 2.4.0-3)
@@ -253,12 +253,12 @@
[...]
@@ -269,22 +269,16 @@
 Provides: fp-units-db
 Breaks: fp-units-db (<= 2.4.0-3)
 Replaces: fp-units-db (<= 2.4.0-3)
- The Free Pascal Compiler is an object pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
- and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects as well as Mac pascal dialects.
- It provides a completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many
- platforms and compatible with Turbo Pascal, but also a platform independent
- class based Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and
- interfacing many popular open source libraries.
- .
- This package contains Free Pascal units with bindings for:
-  - MySQL
-  - Interbase
-  - PostgreSQL
-  - Oracle
-  - ODBC
-  - GDBM
-  - SQLite
+ The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
+ and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
+ completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
+ compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
+ Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
+ with many popular open source libraries.
+ .
+ This package contains Free Pascal units with bindings for GDBM, Interbase,
+ MySQL, PostgreSQL, ODBC, Oracle, and SQLite.

 Package: fp-units-gfx${PACKAGESUFFIX}
 Architecture: i386 powerpc sparc amd64 armel armhf
@@ -292,23 +286,16 @@
 Provides: fp-units-gfx
 Breaks: fp-units-gfx (<= 2.4.0-3)
 Replaces: fp-units-gfx (<= 2.4.0-3)
- The Free Pascal Compiler is an object pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
- and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects as well as Mac pascal dialects.
- It provides a completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many
- platforms and compatible with Turbo Pascal, but also a platform independent
- class based Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and
- interfacing many popular open source libraries.
- .
- This package contains Free Pascal units with bindings for:
-  - opengl :OpenGL
-  - forms : Forms 0.88
-  - svgalib : Svgalib
-  - ggi : General Graphical Interface
-  - libgd
-  - libpng
-  - graph
-  - cairo
+ The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
+ and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
+ completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
+ compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
+ Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
+ with many popular open source libraries.
+ .
+ This package contains Free Pascal units with bindings for cairo, forms, ggi,
+ graph, libgd, libpng, opengl, and svgalib.

 Package: fp-units-net${PACKAGESUFFIX}
 Architecture: i386 powerpc sparc amd64 armel armhf
@@ -317,24 +304,16 @@
 Breaks: fp-units-net (<= 2.4.0-3)
 Replaces: fp-units-net (<= 2.4.0-3)
- The Free Pascal Compiler is an object pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
- and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects as well as Mac pascal dialects.
- It provides a completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many
- platforms and compatible with Turbo Pascal, but also a platform independent
- class based Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and
- interfacing many popular open source libraries.
- .
- This package contains Free Pascal units for creating network tools:
-  - netdb : NetDB unit for TCP/IP handling
-  - libasync : LibAsync unit for easy Asynchronous IO
-  - libcurl
-  - dbus: D-Bus
-  - httpd-1.3
-  - httpd-2.0
-  - httpd-2.2
-  - ldap
-  - openssl : Open SSL
-  - pcap

@@ -343,18 +322,18 @@
[...]
-  - gmp : Interface for the GNU Multiple Precision Arithmetic Library
-  - proj4 : Compute projections
-  - numlib : numerical computing
-  - symbolic : symbolic computing
+  * gmp (the GNU Multiple Precision arithmetic library);
+  * numlib (numerical computing);
+  * proj4 (cartographic projections);
+  * symbolic (symbolic computing).

 Package: fp-units-misc${PACKAGESUFFIX}
 Architecture: i386 powerpc sparc amd64 armel armhf
@@ -363,17 +342,15 @@
 Breaks: fp-units-misc (<= 2.4.0-3)
 Replaces: fp-units-misc (<= 2.4.0-3)
- The Free Pascal Compiler is an object pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
- and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects as well as Mac pascal dialects.
- It provides a completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many
- platforms and compatible with Turbo Pascal, but also a platform independent
- class based Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and
- interfacing many popular open source libraries.
- .
- This package contains Free Pascal miscellaneous units for:
-  - fppkg : support of FPC packaging system
-  - Utmp
-  - PasZLib (Pascal-only zlib implementation)

@@ -382,20 +359,15 @@
 Breaks: fp-units-multimedia (<= 2.4.0-3)
 Replaces: fp-units-multimedia (<= 2.4.0-3), fp-units-gfx (<= 2.2.4-3)
- The Free Pascal Compiler is an object pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
- and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects as well as Mac pascal dialects.
- It provides a completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many
- platforms and compatible with Turbo Pascal, but also a platform independent
- class based Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and
- interfacing many popular open source libraries.
- .
- This package contains Free Pascal multimedia interfacing units for:
-  - oggvorbis
-  - a52
-  - dts
-  - mad
-  - modplug
-  - openal
+ The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
+ and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
+ completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
+ compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
+ Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
+ with many popular open source libraries.
+ .
+ This package contains Free Pascal multimedia units: a52, dts, mad, modplug,
+ oggvorbis, and openal.

 Package: fp-units-i386${PACKAGESUFFIX}
 Architecture: i386
@@ -403,370 +375,360 @@
 Provides: fp-units-i386
 Breaks: fp-units-i386 (<= 2.4.0-3)
 Replaces: fp-units-i386 (<= 2.4.0-3)
[...]
- This package contains Free Pascal specific units for the i386 architecture:
-  - libc: used for compatibility with kylix, deprecated.
[...]

- This is a metapackage and is always depending on the last version available of
- the package contains dependency on all FPC packages provided on your
[...]

- the package contains Free Pascal's own source code. It is meant to be used by
[...]

- the package contains the command line compiler.
[...]

- the package contains the Integrated Development Environment (IDE). The IDE
[...]

- the package contains some handy utils for usage with the Free Pascal
[...]

- the package provides documentation for the Free Pascal Compiler in HTML
[...]

- the package contains the Runtime Libraries for the Free Pascal Compiler.
[...]

- the package contains Free Pascal units for common libraries.  Some of these
[...]

- the package contains the Free Component Library for the Free Pascal Compiler.
[...]

- the package contains the Free Vision units for the Free Pascal Compiler.
[...]

- the package contains Free Pascal units and examples to create
[...]

- the package contains Free Pascal units with bindings for:
-  - MySQL
-  - Interbase
-  - PostgreSQL
-  - Oracle
-  - ODBC
-  - GDBM
-  - SQLite
[...]

- the package contains Free Pascal units for creating network tools:
[...]

- the package contains Free Pascal math interfacing units for:
[...]

- the package contains Free Pascal miscellaneous units for:
[...]

- the package contains Free Pascal multimedia interfacing units for:
-  - oggvorbis
-  - a52
-  - dts
-  - mad
-  - modplug
-  - openal
[...]

- the package contains Free Pascal specific units for the i386 architecture:
-  - libc: used for compatibility with kylix, deprecated.
+ The Free Pascal Compiler is an Object Pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
+ and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects, as well as Mac Pascal dialects. It provides a
+ completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
+ compatible with Turbo Pascal, along with a platform-independent class-based
+ Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
+ with many popular open source libraries.
+ .
+ This dependency package always depends on the latest available version of
+ the package containing the deprecated Free Pascal libc unit for the i386
+ architecture (used for compatibility with Borland's Kylix).
diff -ru fpc-2.6.0.pristine/debian/fp-compiler.templates.in fpc-2.6.0/debian/fp-compiler.templates.in
--- fpc-2.6.0.pristine/debian/fp-compiler.templates.in	2012-07-02 21:10:07.000000000 +0100
+++ fpc-2.6.0/debian/fp-compiler.templates.in	2012-09-04 10:09:09.208412420 +0100
@@ -1,18 +1,17 @@
 Template: fp-compiler${PACKAGESUFFIX}/rename_cfg
 Type: boolean
 Default: true
- FPC supports now multiple version installations. This allows co-existence of
- multiple versions on the same system. The default version can be selected using
- the update-alternatives command for the following groups:
-     1)fpc      : compiler default version
-     2)fpc.cfg  : configuration file default version
-     3)fp-utils : helper tools default version
+ FPC now supports having multiple versions installed on the same system.
+ The update-alternatives command can be used to set a default version for:
+  * fpc (the compiler);
+  * fpc.cfg (the configuration file);
+  * fp-utils (the helper tools).
  .
- What ever version you may choose as default, the configuration files (2) are
- always backward compatible and it may be very safe to use the latest version
- for it.
+ Whatever version you may choose as default, the configuration files are
+ always backward compatible, so it should always be safe to use the latest
+ version.
  .
- In order to use alternatives system for system wide FPC configuration file you
- need to accept renaming "/etc/fpc.cfg", otherwise you will need to manage this
- manually by yourself.