Re: Review more new debconf templates of fglrx-driver [non-free]

Andreas Beckmann wrote:

> So here are the three templates where I'd like to get feedback:

Thanks.

> # used by libfglrx.preinst
> Template: fglrx-driver/install-even-if-unsupported-gpu-exists
> Type: boolean
> Default: false
> #flag:translate!:3
>  The following graphics chipset found in your system is no longer handled
>  by the fglrx driver:
>  .
>  ${unsupported-device}
>  .
>  You may wish to keep fglrx (for instance to drive some other card), but the
>  above card requires the free Radeon driver in the package
>  xserver-xorg-video-radeon. Before that driver can be used you must remove
>  fglrx configuration from xorg.conf (and xorg.conf.d/) and purge (not just
>  remove) the fglrx-driver package.

Now it sounds like it is saying "You might _want_ to keep fglrx, but
tough luck --- you have to purge it and keep it removed." ;-)

Is that interpretation correct?  If someone does want to keep fglrx,
how should that user go about it?

Hope that helps,
Jonathan