Re: review debconf templates of fglrx-driver [non-free]

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Beckmann wrote:

> Template: fglrx-driver/install-even-if-unsupported-gpu-exists
> Type: boolean
> Default: false
> #flag:translate!:3
>  The following GPUs were found in your system but are no longer supported
>  by the fglrx driver:
>  .
>  ${unsupported-gpus}
>  .
>  You should use the free radeon driver (package: xserver-xorg-video-radeon)
>  for this GPU, but you may install fglrx anyway, even if it won't work.

This looks good, but the last sentence and title are a little
puzzling.  I may install fglrx anyway, but why would I want to?

Is the intent something along these lines?

	 The following GPUs found in your system are no longer handled
	 by the fglrx driver:
	 .
	 ${unsupported-gpus}
	 .
	 We recommend the free radeon driver (package: xserver-xorg-video-radeon)
	 for these cards.
	 .
	 If you would like to install fglrx anyway (for example to drive some
	 other card), it will not interfere with other drivers for these cards.

Is any special configuration required in order to help the system
decide which driver to use for each GPU?

Thanks,
Jonathan