Re: please review initial PO templates for cupt 2.5

Eugene V. Lyubimkin wrote:
>>> #: console/cupt.cpp:114
>>> msgid "finds a dependency path between system/package(s) and a package"
>>> msgstr ""
>>
>> What does that mean?  What, in this context, is a "system"?
>
> In this context "system" == "set of installed packages". Perhaps
> "finds a dependency path between a package set and a package" would be
> better?

Yes, that works.

[...]
>>> msgid "unable to unload the dl handle '%p': %s"
>>> msgstr ""
>>
>> What's a "dl handle"?  Should it be s/dl/download/?
>
> It comes from a dynamic library loader, "libdl". Perhaps it would better
> be "the dynamic library handle"?

Oh, as in "DLL".  Well, I'd never heard of a dynamic library handle,
but it's clear enough once you spell it out!

>>> "throwing away the duplicate version with different hash sums: package name: "
>>> "'%s', version: '%s', thrown origin: '%s', origins left: '%s'"
>>> msgstr ""
>>
>> I'm not sure what this is saying.  Why the definite article in "the
>> duplicate version"?  Should "thrown origin" be "origin of discarded
>> version"?
>
> The background: the pair (package,version) is globally unique, each pair
> may be provided by one or more origins. Hash sums must be the same
> across the all origins, so when an origin provides the already known
> pair (package,version) but declares different (from already known) hash
> sums for it, the pair from this origin is discarded.
>
> How would you say that? Based on your preliminary comments, perhaps,
>
> "discarding a duplicate version with different hash sums: package: '%s',"
> "version: '%s', origin of discarded version: '%s', origins left: '%s'"

Yes, that all seems to work.  You could get away with dropping the "a"
("discarding duplicate version") if you want to shorten it slightly,
but either way is okay.