Re: please review initial PO templates for cupt 2.5

Eugene V. Lyubimkin wrote:
> Forgot the actual template file. Attached now.

.pot files are hard to review out of context, but here's my attempt:

> #: console/cupt.cpp:109
> msgid "prints the info about binary package(s)"
> msgstr ""

A very minor general problem: "info about binary packages" works,
but if it's singular, "info about binary package" has a missing
article (and likewise for "source packages(s)", "regular
expression(s)" and so on).  This probably doesn't matter, though;
sometimes output in slightly compressed English is okay.

> #: console/cupt.cpp:114
> msgid "finds a dependency path between system/package(s) and a package"
> msgstr ""

What does that mean?  What, in this context, is a "system"?

> #: console/cupt.cpp:134
> msgid ""
> "cleans unavailable from repositories archives from the binary package cache"
> msgstr ""

That's ungrammatical; I think you mean something like
  "cleans packages from binary package cache if not available from repositories"
(that's omitting articles)

> #: console/selectors.cpp:155
> #, c-format
> msgid ""
> "for the package '%s' and the distribution '%s' several versions found: %s; "
> "you should explicitly select by version"
> msgstr ""

Somewhat unnatural (but not ungrammatical) phrase order; it would be
more normal to say something like:
  "several versions found for package '%s' and distribution '%s': %s; "

> #: lib/src/file.cpp:64
> msgid "pipe specification mode should be exact 2 characters"
> msgstr ""

Do you mean:                     should be exactly 2 characters"

> #: lib/src/config.cpp:526
> #, c-format
> msgid "an attempt to get the wrong list option '%s'"
> msgstr ""

"Wrong" sounds as if it can somehow detect that I typed "-b" when I
meant "-v".  Is this a list option that doesn't exist?  If so,
s/wrong/invalid/.  Or is it a list option that won't work under
current circumstances?  If so, s/wrong/bad/.  (Repeated a couple of
times in other messages)

> msgid "no hash sums defined for the index uri '%s'"
> msgstr ""

This should usually be uppercase "URI", "URIs" here and elsewhere.

> #: lib/src/internal/filesystem.cpp:164
> #, c-format
> msgid "the file '%s' does not exists"
> msgstr ""

Grammar error: s/exists/exist/

> #: lib/src/internal/worker/packages.cpp:1486
> #, c-format
> msgid "internal error: packages stay unconfigured: '%s'"
> msgstr ""

I'm not sure about this; does it mean that they "have been left"
unconfigured?

> #: lib/src/download/methodfactory.cpp:62
> #: lib/src/download/methodfactory.cpp:118
> #, c-format
> msgid "unable to unload the dl handle '%p': %s"
> msgstr ""

What's a "dl handle"?  Should it be s/dl/download/?

> #: lib/src/download/manager.cpp:1042
> msgid "download client: the download server socket is timed out"
> msgstr ""

Should that say that the "socket timed out" or that it "has timed
out"?

> #: lib/src/cache/package.cpp:151
> #, c-format
> msgid ""
> "throwing away the duplicate version with different hash sums: package name: "
> "'%s', version: '%s', thrown origin: '%s', origins left: '%s'"
> msgstr ""

I'm not sure what this is saying.  Why the definite article in "the
duplicate version"?  Should "thrown origin" be "origin of discarded
version"?