Re: request rewiev of vim-conqueterm package control file

Justin B Rye <jbr@edlug.org.uk> writes:

> Oh, I doubt my contribution has enough content to be copyrightable -
> after all, I've mostly taken words away.

The sculptor who creates a marble statue has also only taken away. In
most jurisdictions, it's not so much about the magnitude of content, but
whether it is (in the assessment of the judge who eventually decides) a
creative work.

I find it's best to assume that just about any expression is potentially
subject to default copyright restrictions.

> But if it needs a license, I'm happy to put it under the same license
> as the work I'm contributing to.

Ideal answer. Thank you, Justin.

--
 \       “To have the choice between proprietary software packages, is |
  `\      being able to choose your master. Freedom means not having a |