Re: [RFR] templates://texlive-base/{templates}

Christian PERRIER wrote:
> Quoting Justin B Rye (jbr@edlug.org.uk):
>> What I'd *like* to do is perform a global s/--/-/, eliminate the
>> capitalisation of the first letter (and redundant articles) in the
>> descriptions, improve their structural parallelism (standardising
>> either towards noun phrases or verb phrases throughout) and make
>> them all end in a semicolon, but to reduce the intrusiveness of the
>> patch I'll leave all that for another time.
>
> My guess is that these descriptions are taken verbatim from CTAN, so
> the right change would be introducing consistency in CTAN packages
> descriptions... quite a big deal...:)

It seems unlikely that the cases where there are missing descriptions
are CTAN's fault... the text I suggested was usually based on the
first hit Google gave me, which tended to be either from upstream or
another distro's version.  But I'm bound to have got completely the
wrong end of the stick somewhere or other (e.g.: is "roex" really for
ROEX auditory filters?), so leaving them unchanged would certainly be
safer.