Re: [RFR] English debconf template review : debian/mantis.templates

On 05/24/2011 03:14 PM, Justin B Rye wrote:
> Another approach:

>  The Mantis admin directory will be protected via htaccess, allowing
>  only the user "admin" to configure Mantis. Please specify a password
>  for this user.

Nice approach ...

More info ... Mantis works on this way:
- it places the database install tools under "admin directory"
- the access to the "install" page is not protected (never)
- assumes that users are going to delete admin directory when they
finish (there are a lot of reminders and warnings)

The best way I found to protect this directory is using a web server
protection, and I would like the people have a clear notice about what
are they doing.

Then, what about this..
-------------------------
   For security reasons, the Mantis administration directory will
   be protected via htaccess, allowing only the protected user to
   access database configuration.
   .
   Please specify a username.

   For security reasons, the Mantis administration directory will
   be protected via htaccess, allowing only the protected user to
   access database configuration.
   .
   Please specify a password for the username.

Maybe recursive descriptions are not properly, but in that case I think
is important.

I prefer not to use in the description the word "admin", because I think
it will confuse people. I use it just as a default value to setup the
username.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Kind regards,

Sils