Re: Dependency fields: Updated maint-guide contents, question on style

Osamu Aoki wrote:
> In this text, I wonder the following part of text is a bit skewed.  What
> is the subject of "should contain":
>
> | These versions are listed in parentheses after each individual package
> | name, and should contain a relation from the list below followed by the
> | version number.

"These versions" (or strictly speaking I suppose an elided repetition
of the same noun phrase).  You're right, it doesn't really mean
"versions" here, it means something like "versioned dependency
expressions".

> I am changing this to:
>
> The restriction for each individual package is listed in parentheses
> after its name, and should contain a relation from the list below
> followed by a version number value.
>
> I hope this is OK.

Yes, that should be clearer.  And there are a couple of examples... do
you think maybe one of the examples should involve a "|"?