Re: releasenotes

Ben Finney wrote:
> Justin B Rye <jbr@edlug.org.uk> writes:
>> "Interactive" is a genuinely confusing misnomer; it turns out that
>> it means "full-screen Text User Interface" versus "Command Line
>> Interface", but what can it mean to recommend the *only* program
>> with such a TUI as the *preferred* one?
>
> I don't think “interactive” is as confusing as you infer. It covers
> programs like ‘aptitude’, ‘synaptic’, and other programs which interact
> with the user continually while they run. This excludes ‘apt-get’, which
> runs in what might be called “batch mode”.

But answering "y" to a CLI "really install?" prompt is also
"interactive".  If people can't imagine it confusing and misleading
readers, here's me being genuinely confused and misled by it:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-l10n-english/2010/12/msg00058.html

--
JBR - and today's single word in West Greenlandic is:
                      Uqarituukasippungaasiit