Re: Fwd: Re: w3c-linkchecker 4.6-1: Please translate debconf PO for the package w3c-linkchecker

Justin B Rye <jbr@edlug.org.uk> writes:

> Mind you, obviously a lot of fluent native anglophones *do* use "IPs"
> to mean "IP addresses", just as "emails" is widely understood to mean
> "email addresses"; I may be fighting the tide here.

You're not, IMO. It would be churlish to tell these people they're wrong
for speaking ambiguously, but there's much merit to avoiding ambiguity
in documentation and dialogue questions etc.

--
 \      “Be careless in your dress if you must, but keep a tidy soul.” |
  `\                              —Mark Twain, _Following the Equator_ |