Subject: Re: w3c-linkchecker 4.6-1: Please translate debconf PO for the package w3c-linkchecker
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 06:47:39 +0100
From: Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org>
To: Nicholas Bamber <nicholas@periapt.co.uk>
CC: debian-i18n@lists.debian.org

Quoting Nicholas Bamber (nicholas@periapt.co.uk):
> Christian,
> I have to apologize. This is a truly abysmal effort on my part. I am
> a native English speaker and in -- for example -
> in exam conditions, I can write coherent English. When trying to
> write coherent English before retiring to bed it is a somewhat
> different matter. I have attached the corrected file.

Thanks.

> However what worries me is that so far I have only made two settings
> (the most likely to require modification)
> available for configuration. Would it be better to keep the whole
> translation/review process on hold until all the the configuration
> options are in debconf. I make no promises that I would be doing
> this any time soon. Also this package is waiting on another package
> in the NEW queue so it may not even be submited for upload in the
> next few weeks.

The review can at least be done on the currently existing
templates. If you add a few more later on, then no problem about asking
for another review.

We encourage reviews even for native speakers, indeed. The most
important point, in such case, is to guarantee some overall
consistency among Debian packages.

In case you really lack time for asking/following the review, a
debian-l10n-english contributor can pick it up and lead it, if you
prefer. You'll then get the result as a bug report (but you'll be
CC'ed to the whole process and can follow discussions in case there
are some...and of course, the maintainer's input is always welcomed).