Re: [LCFC] templates://wvdial/{wvdial.templates}

Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
> Justin B Rye wrote:
>> Do we in fact know what wvdial would do if I had multiple
>> modems installed?
>
> I gather from the manual that it will handle multiple modems properly, by
> creating multiple configuration entries. At dial-time, wvdial takes a
> parameter controlling the choice of modem.
>
> So we could say "... and configure the modem(s)?" - Justin, does "the" need
> dropping there? and Christian, is there a status quo on using "(s)"?

It gets ugly in languages with more extensive number-marking - "le(s)
modem(s) ADSL compatible(s)"...

Multi-modem setups are probably uncommon enough that we can just cover
it in the long description with s/modem/modem (or modems)/ at most.

(I haven't done my usual "why the name?" routine, have I?  It turns
that upstream were formerly known as "Worldvisions Weaver Software",
and parts of this package were formerly known as "weaver", later
abbreviated to just "wv-".)