Re: [LCFC] templates://wvdial/{wvdial.templates}

Hi,

Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:

> This is the last call for comments for the review of debconf
> templates for wvdial.

Looks good.  Some small nits (I don't think any of these should be
blockers).

> Template: wvdial/wvdialconf
> Type: boolean
> Default: true
>  WvDial can automatically detect the modem and create its configuration
>  file. This detection may cause problems with some computers.
>  .

s/the modem/a modem/? (two times)

It would be nice to be more precise than that, and say "a modem
attached by serial port, USB-to-serial adapter, or infrared link, a
Lucent WinModem, or a USB acm modem".  Is this built-in list needed,
by the way, or does the kernel provide some simpler interface for
serial device enumeration?

> Template: wvdial/phone
> Type: string
>  Please enter the telephone number that should be used to call the Internet
>  Service Provider (ISP).

One possible answer would be the tech support number.  Maybe
s/to call the/to connect to your/?  Or

	Please enter the telephone number that the computer should call
	for Internet access.

> Template: wvdial/login
> Type: string
>  Please enter the username or login for an account issued by the ISP.

Since the ISP has been mentioned a few moments before, the rest sounds
okay.

> Package: wvdial
> Architecture: any
> Depends: ppp (>= 2.3.0), debconf (>= 0.5.00) | cdebconf, ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}
>  WvDial sacrifices some of the flexibility of programs like "chat" in order
>  to make dialup configuration easier. With WvDial,
>  the modem is detected automatically and only three additional parameters
>  are required: the telephone number, username, and password.

As above.

	With WvDial,
	a modem is detected automatically and only three additional parameters
	are required:

[...]
>  In particular, a "chat script" is not required to handle the most common
>  situations.

s/to handle the most/in most/, if I understand correctly.

Regards,
Jonathan