Re: [RFR] templates://iptables-persistent/{iptables-persistent.templates}

Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
> Justin B Rye wrote:
>> Well, or during dpkg-reconfigure runs?
>
> No, not during dpkg-reconfigure nor upgrades (well, as of the next
> release-to-be, anyway). This is so that the comment in the file, which
> includes the date it was saved, isn't touched so the file isn't needlessly
> modified.

So when it asks whether I want to save the current rules, if I say
no, do I get a way to change my mind later, or does it make the
whole thing into a permanent no-op?

[...]
[...]
> I wonder about "mechanism for loading iptables/ip6tables rules on boot"?
>
> "on boot" feels awkward though, "during system startup" would make it
> consistent with the templates.

is definitely getting a bit wordy!  You could demote the mention of
ip6tables into the long description.  An alternative approach: