Re: Release notes addition for Xen support in Debian

Julien Cristau wrote:
>> Do we know *how* it's broken?  It always works for me - is that
>> because I don't use GNOME?
>>
> It removes packages instead of upgrading them.  Or just never finds an
> upgrade path and bails out.  Or takes 10 broken propositions before it
> finds something vaguely acceptable.

Not when I use it, it doesn't.  And when I google for these symptoms
I see people complaining of similar problems with apt-get.  As I
say: maybe it depends what packages you've got installed?  In which
case we should fine-tune our recommendations accordingly, not just
go with whichever brand of FUD currently has the largest population
of active vectors.