Re: Release notes addition for Xen support in Debian

Adam D. Barratt wrote:
>> It's not clear that that's true for this release; it's what I've
>> always used (and its full-screen mode has given me some painless
>> test Lenny-to-Squeeze upgrades), but I've seen claims on
>> debian-devel or somewhere that apt's resolver is currently more
>> robust.
>
> The Squeeze release notes recommend aptitude for interactive package
> management and apt-get for non-interactive use and release upgrades; see
> http://www.debian.org/releases/testing/amd64/release-notes/ch-whats-new.en.html#pkgmgmt

And that's a genuine what's-new, not a vestigial Lennyism.  It would
be nice to know the reasoning, but okay; for the upgrade itself we
should be quoting apt-get commands, while for the immediately
subsequent xen 4.0 install we should be telling them to switch back
to aptitude.