Re: Request for review

On Sun, 2010-08-15 at 12:16 +0100, Justin B Rye wrote:
> Arthur de Jong wrote:
> > The question is presented from postinst if a problematic configuration
> > is found.
>
> I hope this means I'd only be asked this if I already had a modified
> PAM stack, so I can be assumed to be moderately familiar with the
> jargon.

Not at the moment. I could check if /etc/pam.d/common-auth contains
pam-auth-update but it is not a guarantee that is not managed by hand .

> Or reshuffling it a lot more (and possibly distorting it in the
> process):
>
>    To allow LDAP users to log in, the NSS module needs to be enabled to
>    perform shadow password lookups. The shadow entries themselves may be
>    empty - that is, there is no need for password hashes to be exposed. See
>    http://bugs.debian.org/583492 for background.
>    .
>    Please choose whether /etc/nsswitch should have the required entry added
>    automatically (in which case it should be reviewed afterwards) or whether
>    it should be left for an administrator to edit manually.

Thanks, much nicer (always good feedback from this mailing list, tanks).
Thanks for the quick reply.

--
-- arthur - adejong@debian.org - http://people.debian.org/~adejong --