Re: [foomatic-filters] Changing the debconf template

Le mardi 10 août 2010 17:36:44 Martin Eberhard Schauer, vous avez écrit :
> Hi,
>
> >  When used with generic PostScript printers (and under certain
> >  conditions with other printers) this causes an extra page to be
> >  printed after each job.
>
> i am not familiar with foomatic-filters. To me the explanation in brackets
> is vague. What are these certain conditions? Do i have to be worried? No
> clue.

Well. Those conditions are really not supposed to arise these days. And so they
are either i) known and worked-around (it is possible to configure the
ps_accounting per driver or ii) sufficiently rare to have triggered zero bugs in
2.5 years of default changed in Ubuntu.

> >   * What text ? How would this sound (for the second paragraph): "In
> >   earlier
> >
> > versions of foomatic-filters, this option could cause extra pages to be
> > printed after each job.".
>
> You should either mention, which version changed behavior - or skip the
> paragraph. Users of old software are informed that something changed and
> therefore they should change their habits. For new users the former
> behavior
> of the software is irrelevant for using it.

Okay. How about documenting this in debian.NEWS and simply getting rid of that
paragraph ?

> Kind regards
>        Martin

Thanks for your advice,

OdyX

--
Didier Raboud, proud Debian Maintainer (DM).
CH-1020 Renens