[foomatic-filters] Changing the debconf template

Hi dear d-l10n-english,
(Please CC me in replies)

When I merged the foomatic-filters diff back from Ubuntu, I also merged (after
long thinking and small testing) one of the debconf-configured defaults. Namely:
ps_accounting.

The actual template text is:

Template: foomatic-filters/ps_accounting
Type: boolean
Default: false
 You should choose this option if you want to insert PostScript code
 for accounting into each print job. This is currently only useful
 with CUPS.
 .
 When used with generic PostScript printers (and under certain
 conditions with other printers) this causes an extra page to be
 printed after each job.

The default is about to change towards true and according to upstream (who
happens to be the Ubuntu maintainer of said package), this default change has
produced close to zero problems in Ubuntu, where it has been changed in 2007.

So I would like to turn this explanation into something less alarmistic. Two
questions then:

  * Is changing the template text realist at that point of the freeze ?
  * What text ? How would this sound (for the second paragraph): "In earlier
versions of foomatic-filters, this option could cause extra pages to be printed
after each job.". Or should I rather wipe completely the second paragraph ?

Thanks in advance, cheers,

OdyX

--
Didier Raboud, proud Debian Maintainer (DM).
CH-1020 Renens