Re: news about debian-women wiki

On Sun,30.May.10, 17:21:37, francis southern wrote:
> On 30 May 2010 17:02, Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun,30.May.10, 23:37:22, Aioanei Rares wrote:
> >> >
> >> I'd say "Ana Guerrero announced that the migration of the Debian-Women wiki
> >> into Debian's wiki is now complete. There's still a little work to
> >
> > s/there's/there is/
> "there's" is a perfectly acceptable contraction of "there is".

Of course, I just don't like it in writing, or at least not in official
announcements ;)

> >> do  : if you want
> >
> > Maybe a semi-colon here?
> >
> >> to contribute, take a look at the migration TODO list."

> >> "contributions are welcome, according to the migration TODO list."
> >
> > I prefer the first wording.
> Maybe you prefer it, but it isn't correct.

I didn't mean the s/accordingly/according/ (which is a grammar issue),
but the first wording of the entire phrase versus this one.

And to elaborate, for me as a non-native speaker the second phrasing
seems to say that either "the TODO says contributions are welcome" or
"contributions are welcome, but only according to/following the TODO".
The first phrase, at least to me, is more... "inviting" ;)

Regards,
Andrei