Re: linux-2.6 wording

Quoting Justin B Rye (jbr@xibalba.demon.co.uk):
> Christian PERRIER wrote:
> > Quoting Ben Finney (ben+debian@benfinney.id.au):
> >>     You are running kernel version ${running}, and the current action
> >>     requires removing the same version.
> >
> > This seems much better, yes (and, yes, you got most of my point).
> >
> > My only minor concern is "You are running kernel..." which I'd be
> > incline to reword as "This machine is running kernel...". The
> > rationale being that *I* am not running anything indeed (at least not
> > kernels..:-)) and the machine is maybe not "mine". That is anyway much
> > less important than the original issue, though.
>
> I was thinking it might be more direct this way round:
>
>  This action requires removing the version of the kernel which is
>  currently running (version ${running}).

I'm afraid this doesn't fit the current template:

Template: =ST-image-=V/prerm/removing-running-kernel-=V
Type: boolean
Default: true
 You are running a kernel (version ${running}) and attempting to remove
 the same version.
 .
 This can make the system unbootable as it will remove
 /boot/vmlinuz-${running} and all modules under the directory
 /lib/modules/${running}. This can only be fixed with a copy of the
 kernel image and the corresponding modules.
 .
 It is highly recommended to abort the kernel removal unless you are
 prepared to fix the system after removal.

The paragraph we're talking about is the first paragraph. So it's used
as a kind of "introduction" and we can't say "This action".....

Which brings me back to my original idea, based on Ben's proposal:

 This machine is running kernel version ${running}, and the current

----- End forwarded message -----