Re: linux-2.6 wording

Christian PERRIER wrote:
> Quoting Ben Finney (ben+debian@benfinney.id.au):
>>     You are running kernel version ${running}, and the current action
>>     requires removing the same version.
>
> This seems much better, yes (and, yes, you got most of my point).
>
> My only minor concern is "You are running kernel..." which I'd be
> incline to reword as "This machine is running kernel...". The
> rationale being that *I* am not running anything indeed (at least not
> kernels..:-)) and the machine is maybe not "mine". That is anyway much
> less important than the original issue, though.

I was thinking it might be more direct this way round:

 This action requires removing the version of the kernel which is
 currently running (version ${running}).

--
JBR - Argh, first a demon.co.uk outage and now edlug.org.uk has died
again.  I've faked this up from the online archives; CC appreciated.