When to ask for a review?

                       Hello,

translating package descriptions has been my contribution for quite some time.

Sometimes it is hard to understand what and how to translate:
* The description is made for people with familiar with the subject the
  package is supposed to be useful. The translator has to google a lot.
* The English sounds strange to me. I have no problems reporting misspellings.
  However i don't want to make things worse by suggesting something
  indicating my funny accent to native speakers.

What are good criteria for asking the list for help?
How can I contribute?

Cheers
  Martin