Re: [RFR2] Smuxi po templates

Mirco Bauer wrote:
>> I suppose there's the alternative of phrasing it as something like:
>>    "OpenSSH version not found (exit code: {0})\n"
>> ...but I'm not sure it helps.
>
> It doesn't look for a specific version. It want's to check what the
> currently installed OpenSSH version is.

If it was looking for a particular version number it would be
something more like "Wrong OpenSSH version found".  But yes, Esko's
offering with s/version/version number/ is less ambiguous.

>> I'd suggest something like:
>>   Retrieving channel residents of {0}...
>>   Checking current population of {0}...
>> or indeed
>>   Performing census of {0}...
>
> Hm all of them sound horrible.... "Retrieving channel residents of {0}"
> is pretty close though. The term channel is specific for the IRC
> protocol while Smuxi is not an IRC-only chat application.
> What about:
> "Retrieving chat room users of {0}..." that should be protocol neutral
> but hopefully understandable by someone else too :)

Esko's "Retrieving [list of] users on channel ${0}..." seems
plausible apart from the problem with finding a cover term for
channel/board/whatever.  But presumably smuxi users are going to be
aware what kind of a thing {0} is already, so it might be best to
just give up and say "Retrieving user list for ${0}..."