Re: [RFR] templates://lynx-cur/{templates}

Hi,

On Sunday 26 July 2009, Justin B Rye wrote:
> Better yet, shouldn't Lynx do it automatically, without any need for
> a separate wrapperscript in a separate package?  lynx.cfg refers to
> a variable LOCALE_CHARSET which sounds as if it was intended to fix
> all this, but it's set to FALSE.

I tried this with LANG set to Finnish and Japanese and both seemed to work quite
well. So, I would suggest setting LOCALE_CHARSET to TRUE and defaulting to UTF-8
in CHARACTER_SET.

For ASSUME_CHARSET (which concerns files in web without character set
information) ISO-8859-15 would be probably a good default. The
ASSUME_LOCAL_CHARSET, which is same for the local files, defaults to whatever
ASSUME_CHARSET is set, which IMO is dump as LANG environment variable would be
much better default. This would probably require bug report upstream.

Edu

--
Esko Arajärvi - edu@iki.fi - +358-50-5446844
"Only idiots quote signatures." -Antti Kuntsi (at his .sig)