Re: Please review description of wxMaxima

"Frank S. Thomas" <fst@debian.org> writes:

> I'm currently in the process of adopting the wxmaxima package and tried to
> improve its description. It would be kind of you if you could review it. Here
> is my first try:

>   wxMaxima is a graphical user interface for the computer algebra system
>   Maxima. It eases the use of Maxima by making most of its commands available
>   through a menu system and by providing input dialogs for commands that
>   require more than one argument. It also implements its own display engine
>   that outputs mathematical symbols directly instead of depicting them with
>   ASCII characters.
>   .
>   wxMaxima also features a browser for Maxima's manual including command index
>   and full text searching, 2D and 3D inline plots, simple animations, mixing
>   of text and mathematical calculations to create documents, and the export of
>   input and output to TeX.

This is already quite good. The synopsis and full description meet
standards of both the English language and the Debian packaging
guidelines.

I don't have any criticisms of importance. Well done!

--
 \        “I installed a skylight in my apartment. The people who live |
  `\                             above me are furious!” —Steven Wright |