Re: Please review description of wxMaxima

Thanks Justin and Ben for reviewing (and for doing it so quickly)!

On Saturday 27 June 2009 14:52:14 Justin B Rye wrote:
> Frank S. Thomas wrote:
> > Maxima
>
> Fully DevRef6.2.2-compliant*, but I suppose you could afford to
> abbreviate "graphical user interface" to "GUI", given that it's
> expanded in the first line of the long description; this also
> reduces the repetition.

Indeed, the repetition is an argument for using the abbreviation. I've changed
that.

> >   wxMaxima also features a browser for Maxima's manual including command
> > index and full text searching, 2D and 3D inline plots, simple animations,
> > mixing of text and mathematical calculations to create documents, and the
> > export of input and output to TeX.
>
> On my first read-through of that I parsed it as
>     wxMaxima also features a browser for Maxima's manual including:
>      * command index and full text searching,
>      * 2D and 3D inline plots,
>      [etc]
> so (assuming that's wrong) I'd suggest shifting the manual-browser
> one to last:

Right, the browser does not include plots, but I think the manual does, but
that was not meant here.

>     wxMaxima also features 2D and 3D inline plots, simple animations,
> mixing of text and mathematical calculations to create documents, exporting
> of input and output to TeX, and a browser for Maxima's manual including
> command index and full text searching,

I changed that too.

On Saturday 27 June 2009 14:54:55 Ben Finney wrote:
> I don't have any criticisms of importance.

BTW: I'd have no problems with criticisms of "insignificance". :-)

Thanks!