Re: RFR: package mozilla-pwdhash description

Chris Bannister <mockingbird@earthlight.co.nz> writes:

> On Sat, Jun 06, 2009 at 10:38:20AM +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
> > Francois Marier <francois@debian.org> writes:
> >
> > > Yes, I've changed to Mozilla-browsers.
> >
> > No hyphen should be there: “Mozilla browsers” (or, if you like,
> > “Mozilla-based browsers” or “the Mozilla family of browsers”).
>
> Unfortunately, it now seems to be the norm to dumb the English
> language down by bunging hyphens everywhere. :(

Hmm? I thought the scourge was the unnecessary jammingtogether of
normally distinctwords with no punctuation.

Hyphenation, to show the more-tightly bound relationship between some
words used in a phrasal modifier, seems a clarity-seeking practice
rather than a dumbing down.

--
 \       “The best is the enemy of the good.” —Voltaire, _Dictionnaire |
  `\                                                    Philosophique_ |